Anita Mann

Anita Mann
My baby Brandon

********WRITER'S CONTEST******

Hello All,
To jump start my blog, I'm holding a Writer's Contest for fiction writer's. The winner of the this contest will get a gift card to Barnes & Nobles for $50.00, and the fulfillment of knowing you're a great writer!

Rules are as follow:
1. Must be 1000 words or less. (any entries exceeding 1000 words will not be considered.)
2. Must be a member of blog. One entry per person. (I think I might notice if you're not a member.)
3. Entries must be email to Anitatyese@gmail.com. (No attactments, any emails with attachments will be deleted.)
4. You must tell at least 5 people about my blog. (Honor system that you will do it.)
5. All entries must be submitted by Feb 28, 2010.
6. Must have at least 15 entries total or contest will be postpone.
7. Rules are subject to change.
8. Give me a great story to read.


****I will pick 5 stories to post after Feb 28, 2010. Members will vote for the one they love!!*****

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I got an email back from the author of "My damn friends.

I have to post this email. It is so great!!!!

Hi Anita,

I self published my first book at iUniverse.com. It's on the website if you want to check out what self publishing is all about. I have two other books that are up for grabs, which is the reason I've decided to post a website. Advice I received from other authors was to join to publisher's marketplace, an online site where agents, writers, and editors can find each other. That's on my site under the For Agents section.

I've been on the hunt for an agent for almost three years (don't freak out)! I've been inconsistently consistent with work and raising a family so it hasn't been like I've done nothing else but search for an agent! Plus, I stopped to write my second manuscript in between so that I have two books to market.

My biggest advice: network by contacting authors like myself. I've gotten some really good advice. Big authors do email you back: Jodi Picoult has emailed me answers to many of my questions. Pamela Satran, Robyn Harding, Boston Globe columnists, they're all quite responsive.

To initially market your manuscript, you'll need a query letter, a synopsis, an author bio. Do you have those? Do you know how to do those? Do you know how to search for agents who have taken on books similar to your material? If not, I can direct you on how to begin with that process.

Good luck, Anita, and don't stop writing! There are many avenues in which to publish your book. Happy Holidays!

P.S. how did you hear about my site? If you stumbled upon it, that would be great! :)
Jodi Blase

No comments:

Post a Comment