Anita Mann

Anita Mann
My baby Brandon

********WRITER'S CONTEST******

Hello All,
To jump start my blog, I'm holding a Writer's Contest for fiction writer's. The winner of the this contest will get a gift card to Barnes & Nobles for $50.00, and the fulfillment of knowing you're a great writer!

Rules are as follow:
1. Must be 1000 words or less. (any entries exceeding 1000 words will not be considered.)
2. Must be a member of blog. One entry per person. (I think I might notice if you're not a member.)
3. Entries must be email to Anitatyese@gmail.com. (No attactments, any emails with attachments will be deleted.)
4. You must tell at least 5 people about my blog. (Honor system that you will do it.)
5. All entries must be submitted by Feb 28, 2010.
6. Must have at least 15 entries total or contest will be postpone.
7. Rules are subject to change.
8. Give me a great story to read.


****I will pick 5 stories to post after Feb 28, 2010. Members will vote for the one they love!!*****

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This is a new piece from my book. David and Nicole at the zoo!

“Giraffes are so unusual-looking,” I said, as we watch the tall creatures munching on the leaves of the surrounding trees. “And they’re so graceful, too; they’re beautiful.”

“You’re beautiful,” he whispers, standing behind me. I know he was close, I could feel his breath on my neck. I have the feeling he wants me to turn around, and face him. I turn around looking into those wonderful eyes. I saw everything I would ever want from this life, and the next life. He leans down pressing his cheek against mine, the skin burning where we were connected, and he whispers in my ear.

“I don’t think of you as a best friend, Nicole,” he said softly. “You mean a lot more to me than that.”

I was so thrilled that I couldn’t speak. My heart was beating so loudly and so fast I was sure he could hear it. I felt his lips on my ears again.

“Is this considered kissing your ears?” he asked softly.

“You could’ve accidently grazed it,” retorted in small voice. I forgot we were in a public place, I didn’t care.

“I don’t accidently graze,” he murmurs.

His cheek slowly slid back, and his chin tilted to the side so that his mouth covered mine. I held my breath, thinking this is the moment I’ve been waiting for.

Suddenly, we were attack by twenty or so kids running up to the fence for the giraffes. We both jump out of our dazed dream.

Our lips never touch!

I turn throwing an angry glare at the screaming kids. Where are your parents? I’ve been waiting for years for this moment.

He starts laughing looking around at all the kids. Of course he would find humor in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment